New to Globalise
- How do I open my account?
- How long does it take to open my account?
- How soon can I start investing?
- What are the documents required for opening an account with Globalise?
- Is there a minimum amount that I need to invest?
- Which stock markets are available on Globalise?
- How many securities are available on Globalise?
- How do I buy or sell securities?
Regulations & global investing
- Can investors from India invest in the US?
- What is the LRS?
- How much can I invest in the US?
- Can I invest in US mutual funds and ETFs?
- Can I buy derivatives or leveraged products through my Globalise account?
- How do fractional shares work?
- Do I get dividends and voting rights on fractional stocks?
- Is there a limit on maximum number of foreign securities to be held by an Indian Resident?
Funds Transfer & Trading
- How do I add money to my Globalise account?
- What documents do I need to transfer money out of India?
- How do I withdraw money back to my account?
- How is the forex rate and fee determined?
- Does Globalise provide any research support?
- Does Globalise give investing advice?
- What is a limit order?
- When to use limit order?
- What's a market order?
- What is a stop order?
Pricing and Charges
Safety and Security
- How secure is this?
- Where is my US investing account held?
- Who is the custodian of my account?
- What happens if Globalise goes down? What is the safety-net on my account?
- What is the insurance or protection on my account?
- Who owns the securities I have invested in?
- How can I verify ownership of my shares?
- As a Globalise customer investing in the US, where do I pay my taxes?
- How are my gains and earnings in the US markets taxed?
- What is the tax rate applied in India for my US investments?
- What exchange rate I should consider while filing my tax return?
- While calculating short-term and long-term capital gains, does the timing of 'withdrawal' to India matter?
- Which is the tax document that needs to be filed in India for reporting tax already paid in the US (for dividends)?
- Is there a tax on remittances from India?
- What reports am I required to file in India on my holdings or gains on foreign assets?
- What are the tax implications in India if I am a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) residing in any country other than USA?
- Can brokerage and other charges paid be claimed as a deduction for computing my capital gains tax in India?
Policies and Disclosures
How soon can I start investing?
You can start investing as soon as you have funded your brokerage account. Once your brokerage account is approved you can fund that via a bank transfer from your bank account. We will notify you once funds are received in your brokerage account. Funds available to invest can also be seen on the Globalise Platform.