New to Globalise
- How do I open my account?
- How long does it take to open my account?
- How soon can I start investing?
- What are the documents required for opening an account with Globalise?
- Is there a minimum amount that I need to invest?
- Which stock markets are available on Globalise?
- How many securities are available on Globalise?
- How do I buy or sell securities?
Regulations & global investing
- Can investors from India invest in the US?
- What is the LRS?
- How much can I invest in the US?
- Can I invest in US mutual funds and ETFs?
- Can I buy derivatives or leveraged products through my Globalise account?
- How do fractional shares work?
- Do I get dividends and voting rights on fractional stocks?
- Is there a limit on maximum number of foreign securities to be held by an Indian Resident?
Funds Transfer & Trading
- How do I add money to my Globalise account?
- What documents do I need to transfer money out of India?
- How do I withdraw money back to my account?
- How is the forex rate and fee determined?
- Does Globalise provide any research support?
- Does Globalise give investing advice?
- What is a limit order?
- When to use limit order?
- What's a market order?
- What is a stop order?
Pricing and Charges
Safety and Security
- How secure is this?
- Where is my US investing account held?
- Who is the custodian of my account?
- What happens if Globalise goes down? What is the safety-net on my account?
- What is the insurance or protection on my account?
- Who owns the securities I have invested in?
- How can I verify ownership of my shares?
- As a Globalise customer investing in the US, where do I pay my taxes?
- How are my gains and earnings in the US markets taxed?
- What is the tax rate applied in India for my US investments?
- What exchange rate I should consider while filing my tax return?
- While calculating short-term and long-term capital gains, does the timing of 'withdrawal' to India matter?
- Which is the tax document that needs to be filed in India for reporting tax already paid in the US (for dividends)?
- Is there a tax on remittances from India?
- What reports am I required to file in India on my holdings or gains on foreign assets?
- What are the tax implications in India if I am a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) residing in any country other than USA?
- Can brokerage and other charges paid be claimed as a deduction for computing my capital gains tax in India?
Policies and Disclosures
How is the forex rate and fee determined?
For transfer from India to the brokerage account, the forex rate and fee is determined by the bank that you use to transfer the money. We have had discussions with banks to get low forex rates for you. When you initiate the transfer process on the Globalise Platform, you will see the list of those banks. We continue to add to that list. If you work with a bank that is not on our list, feel free to speak with your bank relationship manager to finalise the forex rate. When you withdraw money from your brokerage account directly to your domestic Indian bank account, the forex rates are determined by the receiving bank in India.